Wednesday, February 16

these were REALLY good


"I Finally Found a Recipe that Uses Peanut Flour" Muffins 


  • 1/2 cup peanut flour...thank you, Trader Joe's
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil (or you can subst. apple sauce, but in this case I think it changes the flavor too much)
  • 3/4 cup vanilla hemp milk
  • 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 4 tbls. all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder (make sure it isn't expired...I've maybe ruined recipes this way before)
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Use a hand mixer to combine peanut flour, bananas, vanilla, oil, milk and sugar in a large bowl. 
Sift in flours, baking powder and salt.
Divide batter equally among 10 paper cupcake liners. Or you could continually forget to buy new liners and make your own out of parchment paper like I did.
While the original recipe said it yielded 10...and that you could store them in a container for a week, I chose to make nine extra large ones—and then ate them all within two days.
Bake for about 25 minutes, depending on how moist you want them. For the record, I hate the word moist. 



3 comments:

Amanda Marshall said...

Mads my love, you may as well start your professional food photography biz now! Wow you are getting good!!!

Jess Roy said...

Okay, these look super good. Must try soon.

Bridget said...

mads, tell me. does peanut flour taste like peanut?

and seriously second what amanda said.

Post a Comment

Please include your email so I can better respond to you!