Thursday, April 22

{ earth day wrap up }


{Cat Tails outside my parents' home, Santa Barbara, CA...taken Nov. '09}

I'm tempted to call it Creation Day, but for some reason I don't feel like the dreadlocked crew dancing around their little alter of sunflowers at the
Earth Day Festival last weekend would be into it.

Today I learned that Saint Francis of Assisi (the Roman Catholic friar and the founder of the Franciscan monks) is known as the patron saint of animals, birds, and the
environment. My best guess is that he would have walked to work today. Or at least carpooled. Neither of which I did. Tsk tsk.

I did, however, use the small side door at the YMCA tonight (the kind you have to push open), as opposed to the automatic sliding door in the main entrance.

Earth Day/Creation Day, however, should not be so much about what
we have done, but about recognizing what someone Greater than us has done. He was the first to create beauty in the beginning, and he continues to surprise us with it each day.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."


{Pear Lake, Sequoia National Park...taken Sept. '09}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email so I can better respond to you!