Thursday, January 29

{ Chicken Fried and Creekside }

A few Wednesdays ago two of my guy friends took me to Creekside, a local country western dive bar with more line dancing than John Wayne could keep up with (actually, I have no way of knowing if John Wayne could even handle the Electric Slide...but probably...).

I went again last night, directly following home group. I think it made for a nice flow of events. Besides the fact that I have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING when I'm there, I had a really fun time. Derek went at 7:00 for the lesson with another friend, Christina, who is an amazing dancer already. By the time I showed up, she was being BACK-flipped around like a rag doll by this 50-year-old Mexican cowboy in a Stetson. It was awesome. Meanwhile, Derek tried to show me how to two-step, which consisted of him only stepping on my feet once or twice and constantly repeating the mantra, "Slow, slow, fast fast...
Slow, slow, fast fast...Slow, slow, fast fast...DON'T DISTRACT ME MADDIE!" And in all honesty, the feet-stepping was probably more my fault than his.

Hot dang, the regulars there are incredible. I felt a little out of my league, but at least we got to hear some great country music (which more often than not involves some pretty clever lyrics):

"
'Cause I'd like to see you out in the moonlight
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers
And I'd like to check you for ticks."
-Brad Paisley

The bartenders all wear Creekside t-shirts that resemble the Pabst Blue Ribbon logo a little too closely.
Yep, classy place, that Creekside.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email so I can better respond to you!