Friday, January 30

{ Punjabi MC, Jay-Z...and currrrrrry }

After Nick and Ryan had me over for dinner last weekend, I wanted to return the favor so I invited the boys over for a meal last night. I love just about every aspect of cooking when it involves other people and not just myself. I decided on an Indian chicken curry recipe because it was easy enough to make in large quantities while still allowing for some creativity. I spruced it up a bit with some apples pieces, golden raisins, lemon juice and pine nuts.

I also had the two best sous chefs I could have asked for, Sarah and Michelle (both excellent multi-taskers). All of the rice credit goes to Sarah. For the life of me, I can't make rice without burning it. Okay, maybe I did accomplish such a feat once...but it's rare, let me tell you.

Ever since high school, my health food-savvy friend Angela has always made this special salad dressing from scratch whenever we've eaten together—and it's SO GOOD. A few weeks ago I finally paid attention to what she puts into it and I actually succeeded in getting close to it last night. Rice vinegar, a splash of balsamic vinegar, some olive oil, a dash of soy sauce, salt, pepper, half an avocado, crumbled feta cheese. I added some diced cucumbers, tomatos, yellow peppers, dried cranberries and some roasted almond slices. At that point, I'm thinking spinach and lettuce might as well have been optional.

The entire time we cooked we had a specially crafted playlist blasting these very ethnic-sounding dance songs that, oddly enough, were really popular in the clubs in Lithuania. I swear, it made the food taste better. And we almost got Sarah to belly dance. Almost.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email so I can better respond to you!