Monday, November 15

13.1

If you had told me a year ago that I was going to spend $90 to register for a HALF MARATHON today, I would have laughed and claimed it wasn't possible. 



Running and I used to really not get along. 
But I know I'm stronger than I think I am. You are too. So why not run 13.1 miles for fun? 
And then I figured, if I'm going to run a 1/2, I might as well do it during a gorgeous Seattle summer, where there are bands playing at every mile-marker. That's my type of race.

So...I did it! June 25, 2011. Tukwila to Seattle. 13.1 miles.

I'll be blogging about my training and nutrition regimen, and in all honesty, I could use ALL THE EMOTIONAL SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT I can get. I went and watched my friend Anna cross the finish line at the Santa Barbara International Half Marathon last weekend...and I totally teared up. Running is emotional for me. It has never come easy to me. In fact, it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. But I'm stubborn and really want to prove to myself that I can do this. Deep down I know that I can, and I know that I love how running makes me feel...in the end. More philosophical and sappy thoughts on running later...

Course Highlights


  • Lake Washington
  • Seward Park
  • Views of Mt. Baker on a clear day
  • Downtown Seattle
  • Lake Union
  • Space Needle
  • Views of Mt. Rainier on a clear day
  • Olympic Mountains
  • Puget Sound/ Elliott Bay
  • Qwest Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks & Seattle Sounders FC
  • Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners





2 comments:

Justine said...

heck yes. you go girl.

JMay said...

Good job girl :-)

http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Please include your email so I can better respond to you!