Wednesday, January 5

Santa Barbara bucket list

My last days in Santa Barbara filled up like giant water balloons about to burst. I've been on the brink of tears, which is very unlike me. I've been dropping my best friends into tiny time slots, which I like to think is also very unlike me. And I still feel like I'm forgetting something. But one by one I'm checking off my favorite Santa Barbara things and saying goodbye. It's amazing what you can get people to do when you whine these three little words: "But I'm moooooooooovvvvviinnng!"

Goodbye Channel Islands...
Sunday I ate at the best local Thai food restaurant with my fav group of people, and then literally binged on an entire pint of cinnamon ice cream from McConnell's with Michelle and Lauren. McConnell's is going to be a hard one to replace. 
Yesterday I took long walk with Sister #3 and Jack to Backyard Bowls (pretty sure that doesn't exist in Seattle either).

Goodbye perfect Santa Barbara sunsets...
Today I made the pilgrimage to my favorite beach—twice! Sat on the rocks at Hendry's with Katelin during high tide. Went back for more later with Nicole and saw massive star fish during low tide. In between beach walks, I had lunch at El Sitio on the East Side (aka legit Mexican food in a part of town where you would expect...legit Mexican food) with Kelsey. FYI, I'm linking pictures to all of these names so you can stare at my beautiful friends.

Goodbye happy hours on the beach in the middle of winter...

    3 comments:

    Allie said...

    a) Molly Moon's will replace McConnell's easily
    b) there is nothing like a California sunset. I miss them here

    Some Korean Website Highjacker said...

    awe, fond farewell it was. your photos are beautiful. have fun exploring Belltown & the market, Seattle has some great hot spots....although SB does have the best beaches. cheers to you and cheerleader-like fist pumps...rootin' for ya! ♥

    Amanda Marshall said...

    These pics make me so happy, and yet so sad (because I'm not there to enjoy it!) & remind me that you are such a great photog. Can't wait til I finally get to talk to you and hear everything I've been missing! Love you!

    Post a Comment

    Please include your email so I can better respond to you!