Tuesday, June 29

{ calm }

I have been exceedingly anxious over the past week (for reasons to be revealed sooner than later - good things, I promise). My favorite mantra during heart-racing times is the following verse:

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


Thank you a million times over to my parents who had this verse printed out and taped on a wall in my childhood room growing up (and then on our fridge after that). It is in my heart and mind so I can have it on 'instant recall' whenever needed. Which is often.

Sometimes I forget that this is an imperative sentence...aka not a suggestion, but a command...






 Baltic sunset, taken by me, 2006

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your email so I can better respond to you!